At the Love2Read Committee meeting yesterday Kathy brought a delicious home-made gooey, yummy-in-your-tummy flourless orange and almond cake and we asked her for the recipe.
This isn’t it.
BUT it is the recipe for the world famous brownies made by Kathy’s man Murray. Anyone who’s tasted them know just how good they are!
- 5 oz. Unsweetened dark cooking chocolate ½ lb Butter (softened)
- 1 ¾ Cups packed soft brown sugar
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup plain flour
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 3500 F.
- Gently melt chocolate – set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the flour – just enough to mix in.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until just set and a crust has formed on top of mixture.
- Cut into pieces while hot and allow to cool slightly in tray. Cool fully on wire rack.
Anyone else got a good recipe?
Make a Comment
Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...